Saturday 13 April 2013

Review of Even In Darkness by Lindsay Cox (violethourBR)

Really this needs no introduction. You know this woman: @violethourBR (on Twitter) or Lindsay Cox. If you don't know her, get to know her. She's a mega Angel and an awesome person. And this is her review of Even In Darkness:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

"Even In Darkness is the long-awaited third installment of the Between series. Cyndi Tefft announced the night before it's release date that SmashWords had published it early. So of course I hopped on over and grabbed it, even though I was being a devoted fan and rereading Between (for the fourth time) and Hell Transporter (second time). I just adore these books - the characters are just so special to me. One thing I LOVE about the series is that at the end of the the first two books, we really didn't know where Tefft would take us next. Aiden and Lindsey had just gone through so much heartache and turmoil that if the books had left off on a huge cliffhanger, I'd have probably died. Or hurt someone. It would not have been pretty!  There was a threat looming over our beloved couple, but what that would entail was still unknown. Some may disagree, but I love the mystery and suspense of that.

'Liked' is a very gross understatement of my feels for this book.


And that's how Even In Darkness begins… While Aiden and Lindsey haven't forgotten the ominous events prior, they are reveling in the perfectness of their wedding - feeling ALL THE FEELS, smiling, dancing…and then WAM! Horrible things start to happen, and they are quite literally thrown over a cliff and pitched into a crazy new adventure. (Here are some screenshots of my reactions while reading:


As you can tell, I was completely enthralled by this story. I don't know if I can properly explain just how much. I read at every chance I got, no matter how short. I stayed up way too late, read while nursing my 8 month old daughter, when she napped, while cooking dinner… I had this book on three (3) devices. I couldn't get enough! My heart was pounding in overdrive as Tefft transported me (ha! see what I did there?) into the story along with Aiden and Lindsey as they fought for their love, and their lives. I have SO much love for Aiden MacRae, it's not even funny. He is undeniably loyal, devoted and kind (among other things. Trying to keep it clean, here!). But it's Lindsey who really takes center stage in this book. She has no other choice than to take matters into her own hands to save the ones she loves. Even though I was completely freaking out at every plot twist (and there are MANY!), Lindsey pulled herself together and handled it the best way she knew how. It made me so proud of her. I won't give anything away, but remember what I said about the first two books not ending in a cliffhanger, and how much I loved that? WELL FORGET IT! There are two huge revelations toward the conclusion of the story. Each one being intense and mind-blowing in their own right, together they literally made my head spin.
 

I still might hurt someone. I definitely screamed 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?!" once I had a few seconds to catch my breath. Its been a few days and I'm still trying to process it all. I can't wait to read it again! If you are a fan of the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, you will absolutely enjoy this series. Cyndi Tefft's writing style and skill to create new worlds and make them come alive have evolved into something so magical and captivating. Her talent just shines, and in my opinion, this is the best book yet! Even In Darkness is absolutely on my Top Reads of 2013 list.

No comments:

Post a Comment