Saturday 1 June 2013

Angel Features: Vicki Trask

Because your president was naughty and didn't send out the questions for the Angels until last night, I get to go first (sorry). If you would like to be featured on the Aiden's Angels blog, email me at vicki.trask@gmail.com

Taken for my production of "Hairspray" that closed last week
Name: Vicki Trask

Location: Alberta, Canada

Age: 19

Occupation/Grade: Going into my third year of University studying Greek History

Favourite genre: Contemporary Fantasy with a strong Romantic element

Favourite author: I'd be lying if I said Cyndi wasn't very high on my list but right now it Mike Robinson

Favourite book: Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

First book you ever remember reading (for leisure): Stranger With My Face by Lois Duncan

Are you a “casual” reader or an “avid” reader? What makes you so?: I would call myself a casual reader because I read more at my own pace (though I do occasionally get Beta Copies).

Most recent read: Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield

Next read: Finishing Prince of Earth by Mike Robinson and then on to Even In Darkness (that's how busy I've been)

Favourite place to read: On the bus. I have long bus rides and I like the natural lighting.

Dream vacation: Santorini. It's this gorgeous Greek Island with ridiculously blue waters and perfect sunsets

Favourite drink while reading: Water. Or sweet tea

If you could think of the most ideal, fantasy, crazy perfect situation for reading a book, what would it be?: So my ideal - in a perfect world - place to read would be in an old castle in Ireland, sitting in a giant window seat while rain comes softly down

How do you choose your books: Lately it all comes from twitter, either as a recommendation or as something I've been specifically asked to read. I read the back cover (blurb) and if it appeals to my sense of intrigue then I'll read it. For me it's all about the blurb.

How is your bookshelf organized? (Alphabetically by title, author, by colour, random): Well it started out alphabetically by Author's Last Name but I have officially run out of room so I've taken to piling books wherever they'll fit. One day I'll go through them all.

When was the last time you went to a bookstore?: Sadly it's been...months. I love the adventure of walking between bookshelves and discovering new books but I just haven't had the time

What drew you to Between/Aiden?: I just picked up Between on a whim; I heard someone talking about it on twitter and thought 'why not?'. Aiden was written to be a dreamy, fantasy character who happened to be one of the main characters...how can you not fall for him?

One cool fact about you?: I am left handed but I do all sports with my right hand.

How can Angels connect with you?: Well there's my twitter, and my facebook group but the best way to check in with me is to follow my personal blog that gets updated WAY more than this one (again, sorry).

And there you have it. All about Vicki. Check in soon to learn about more Angels.

1 comment: