Saturday 3 November 2012

Cyndi Tefft Interview Part III

And here we are ladies and gentlemen with the third and final part of the interview with the fabulous Cyndi Tefft. Remember that tonight is the night of the Fake Scotsmen Twitter Chat so be sure to hang out around 7PM Central Time. Don't worry if you miss it though, we'll be here next week with a little recap (and maybe something fun).

What’s your writing playlist if you have one?
I can’t write while listening to music with lyrics, since I’m easily distracted (ooooh, shiny!), so I have classical piano or Scottish folk music on my laptop while I’m working. Brian Crain is my favorite and he has a boat load of albums, so I never have to hear the same song twice. :) Alasdair Fraser is my fave on the folk side.

What was your favourite part about visiting Scotland?
Holy cow, you want me to pick one thing??? I adore Scotland. Both times I’ve gone, I haven’t wanted to leave, but if I had to pick one particular moment, it was being able to visit Eilean Donan Castle, the home of Aiden MacRae. Not only is the castle itself breathtaking, but to be standing right where Uncle William addressed the gathered clansmen before the battle where Aiden died... There are no words for how surreal that was for me. Nothing could have kept the tears from streaming down my face. Dream come true.

Are there any places you would love to travel to/write about?
The main reason that Between has scenes set in France is because I’d always wanted to visit that country, having taken five years of French lessons in high school and college. We did get to go (to the Hall of Mirrors in Versailles- swoon!) in 2010. Looking forward, I would love to go to the Isle of Skye in Scotland, as well as spend some time in Ireland, Italy, and Greece. If only I were totally loaded. hehe

Who are your favourite authors (current or past)?
Diana Gabaldon tops the list (her Outlander series is the reason I fell in love with Scotland to start with), but I also love Cassandra Clare, Stephanie Perkins, Tammara Webber, Johanna Lindsey, and Jeri Smith-Ready.

Are there any books that are coming out that you’re excited for?
I’m really looking forward to the Clockwork Princess (third in the Immortal Devices series by Cassandra Clare) and of course, My Own Heart’s Blood, the 8th book in the Outlander series that is supposed to be out at the end of next year. I have over 100 books on my bookshelf to keep me busy in the meantime, though!

Dark or White Chocolate (or neither)?
Neither. I prefer milk chocolate. With peanut butter. Or nuts. Or caramel. Or all of the above. *gets massive craving* *attacks Halloween candy*

No comments:

Post a Comment